Library Journal Best Reference Source
"A simply amazing resource."
"A definite must-have for any high school library."
—Library Media Connection
"A ground-breaking database. . . A+. . . . The front-runner in health information for teenagers and a definite must-have for all high school and public libraries."
—School Library Journal
"A one-stop self-help resource and fully interactive online community center for teen health and wellness . . . authoritative."
“It is extremely accessible and the information provided is "hip," up-to-date, and grounded in science and medicine. . . I really think that, by including student voices in the database, the purely fact-driven database model recedes and a more interactive, end-user interface is created.”
—Charles O'Bryan, School Library System, Director, DCMO BOCES, NY
“I can wholeheartedly endorse Teen Health & Wellness. The counselors love that they have a site where they can send teenagers to privately look up sensitive information and get answers to questions that they are too embarrassed/shy to ask about!”
—Liz Philippi, Library Systems Administrator, Spring Branch Independent School District, TX
About Teen Health & Wellness: Real Life, Real Answers
Teen Health & Wellness: Real Life, Real Answers—the award-winning, critically acclaimed online resource—provides middle and high school students with nonjudgmental, straightforward, standards-aligned, curricular and self-help support. Topics include diseases, drugs, alcohol, nutrition, mental health, suicide, bullying, green living, financial literacy, and more.Developed for teens, with their unique concerns and perspective, Teen Health & Wellness draws on Rosen's award-winning series, including Coping, Need to Know, and others. Thoroughly updated and revised for online use, all content is reviewed by leading professionals in medicine, mental health, nutrition, guidance, and career counseling. Read our editorial and expert review policies here.
Teen Health & Wellness has received critical acclaim and won numerous awards, including an EDDIE (Annual Education Software Review) Award, an Association of Educational Publishers (AEP) Distinguished Achievement Award, a World Wide Web Health Award, and a Best Educational Software (BESSIE) Award. See our full list of awards and reviews here.
Features That Librarians, Educators, and Teens Expect
- **NEW** Instant translation to over 50 languages, including Spanish, French, Chinese, Russian, Arabic, Haitian Creole
- **NEW** Site optimized for smartphones for access anywhere, anytime
- **NEW** Videos throughout, including student-created PSAs
- **NEW** The Personal Story Project—first-person teen narratives allow teens to relate to others with the same challenges
- **NEW** Calculators for personalized tips and information on Body Mass Index, Blood Alcohol Content, Budgets, and more
- **NEW** Expanded photos, illustrations, and charts
- **NEW** Redesigned homepage featuring video and teen-created content
- **NEW** Customizable hotlines for local community resources
- **NEW** Social bookmarking and RSS feeds allow users to share article links with friends and family
- **NEW** Expanded Librarian/Educator Resources to make the most of your subscription with redesigned posters, bookmarks, and more
To subscribe to the free, bimonthly Teen Health & Wellness Customer Newsletter—offering the latest news on exciting site enhancements, proven promotional and programming ideas, and advice to how to best serve teen users—simply send us your email address.